Reviews Remington IPL6000 I-Light Pro Hair Removal At-home
£349.99 / $246.81 (1,500 Flashes)
Replacement Lamp Cartridges Retail :
£24.99 / $34.50 (Each lamp cartridge emits 1500 flashes)
The first-generation Remington IPL5000 i-Light already has sold more than 100,000 units worldwide and quickly became the number-one selling at-home IPL device in continental Europe following its launch in early 2010. Finally, it has won clearance from the FDA to sell its next-generation IPL6000 i-Light Pro in 2011. The IPL6000 I-Light Pro is faster and more powerful, the exclusive ProPulse technology is different than other IPL at-home systems because it has output parameters similar to clinical machines which can cost as much as $100,000. Most users report that they are enjoy the same results as professional laser or IPL hair removal and it is far cheaper than laser treatment at clinics.
The results from the highest setting on the IPL6000 I-Light Pro yield the same results as the lower settings on professional IPL / laser hair removal treatment. According to the users who are set on the highest :
- 10-15% hair reduction after the first time treatment.
- 20-35% hair reduction after the second time treatment.
- 40-60% hair reduction for 3 months after the third time treatment.
However, the hair reduction results is not permanent, top-up treatments is required every 3 months or so to keep the strays away. If stop treatment, the hairs that grow back are finer and less dense. The highest setting of Remington are incredibly painful. And the lamp lifetime is extremely short.
- Suitable women and men on body below the neck, including legs, underarms, bikini/groin area, chest, stomach and arms.
- NOT suitable for use on the face.
- Works effectively on light to medium skin colors and on naturally black or brown hair.
- NOT suitable red, grey, light-blond hair.
- NOT suitable for very dark skin (Fitzpatrick Skin Type V-VI).
Skin Type Candidates For Remington IPL6000